Friday, July 2, 2010

Last Day in Paris & The Louvre

I had failed at going to the Louvre 3 days in a row for an assortment of reasons: it was closed one day, I woke up too late, etc. But finally, on my last day in Paris I made to the Louvre, and I decided to have an agenda. I decided that I wanted to see the 3 pieces used in the novel “The Da Vinci Code” (If you’re an art history nerd, I highly recommend that book). Anywho, as a goal for myself I wanted to take pictures with the 3 pieces, which I might add were some of the most famous and crowded pieces in the whole entire Louvre; they were: The Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, and the Venus de Milo.
As I wandered around searching for these pieces I came across many other gorgeous pieces, some of which I recognized. I felt like the art-historian in me was awakened all over again (fun fact: I applied to Berkeley as an Art Historian and even wrote a personal statement emphasizing my love and commitment for art history, but I quickly abandoned that when I arrived at college and discovered my TRUE LOVE for philosophy, muahahaha). The Louvre was truly magical, it was like the Disneyland of paintings.
After the Louvre, I packed my things, bought some crepes for the road, and said good-bye to Paris. <3



























No comments:

Post a Comment