Monday, July 13, 2009

Mt. Fuji

It was crazy being above the clouds.
It was beautiful indeed, and very high!
Scott & the Sunrise.

The Sunrise from the top.
Can you believe they have a ramen shop at the top of Mt. Fuji, WTF is that? And you can enjoy beer too! Beer is fucking everywhere in japan.
Me & scott looking a little special after a long hike that nearly took my sanity.
Repping, Canada, America, & the UK! I <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiQTZ3LzJqzQSZOlro1eaSjUay8lOhNP1e910rTE_wC6PiVbqaeDv0RCHoUaiiRA9pdYQYORPO0Kuhz9NRW_rglF5ySPjcfQH3XUKbtLsqf1bVv-u0yxfHxDizhXrxR2CFMMP_uP_7ao4g/s1600-h/CIMG0279.JPG">Climbing a steep rock.
TayTay (Taylor) & Scott enjoying a snack
Scott at dusk.
At the beginning of the hike before our spirits were broken.
The view from the bus on the way to Fuji.



As you might know, Mt. Fuji is the highest Mountain in Japan, AND I ASCENDED & DESCENDED IT IN 12 HOURS! My body is in an incredible amount of pain. My comrades, Scott & Taylor, did an all nighter hike with me that started at 8pm and went to 8am. The hike started out really easy and nice, but by the time we got to the top, it became incredibly hard for me to gain a foot of altitude. My body began to shut down and the wind was so strong I was getting whipped in the face with ROCKS. Not Pebbles, legit rocks. But after contemplating jumping off of the mountion face nearly 30 times, I just kept trekking on. Out of delusion, I passed out on a rock for about 10 minutes, and it was so cold, there was SNOW! I knew I had to go on. And after slow steps I finally made it to the top.By the end of the trip all of us had rocks in our eyes, and right now, there is still rocks in my hair, I can't get it out! I am so thankful that the ramen shop at the top opened at 4am because everyone at the top was crying from the pain of the rock storm happening outside. We huddled around in the bathroom covered in piss & smelled like ass just to get away from the extreme conditions outside. I must admit the sunrise was beautiful, it was like Mt. Fuji was saying, "oh hey there lil tourist, congratulations, you made it to the top!". Hehehe. I am still in a lot of pain right now, I feel like I don't have cartilage in my knees anymore. But Mt. Fuji was an amazing life experience, I probably would never do it again, but I wouldn't take it back for the world!

Thank you Scott =) Sorry I whined the whole up and down. ROFLCOPTER. hehehehehe


PS- Dear Mt. Fuji,

you broke my spirit. I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment