Friday, July 31, 2009

The end of my first visit to Japan (but I'll return in 9 Days!)







July 26th:
I returned to Aya's house for the last two nights of my first stay in Japan (I will be returning to Japan again in August). Its funny that I started and ended my trip at Aya's. Its very grounding to have had that familiar environment that gave me my first taste of Japan. When I arrived we caught up on the events of the past few weeks and I recalled the many adventures I took with my UNLIMITED train pass. Wow, I really went everywhere in Japan. Some of the locals were telling me that I had accomplished more than they had in their time living there. I feel very accomplished in my explorations of Japan.

The day I arrived at Aya's we dressed up in summer kimonos (yukatas) and went to her town's local summer festival (natsu matsuri). I met her friends from high school and they taught me a traditional dance. 楽しいかった!

No comments:

Post a Comment